It’s fashionable Thursday and today on Jucy we are taking a look at some of women’s fashion trends that are inspired by menswear. So ladies, gear up because we are about to raid your boyfriend’s or hubby’s wardrobe. Be on the look out for blazers, jackets, shirts, shoes and belts but remember – add a soft touch on that masculine look for an updated sexy, feminine look.
The over sized blazer has become one of the must-have items recently. It gets its name from its boxy, over sized cut; these blazers will keep you warm and looking cute at a casual Saturday afternoon cocktail party or on a sizzling night out.
The over sized blazer
• Black is the hottest colour, but grey, navy blue, pinstripe and even tweed are good options too.
• The easiest way to wear this blazer is over a simple T-shirt with button-up, fitted jeans.
• Because this jacket is cut larger than most, wear at least one fitted item of clothing so you don’t look shapeless.
• You can find sleek blazers with amazing linings. If you do, show them off by rolling up the sleeves once or twice. Making this style your own breaks the preppy blazer look.
• Pair it with a pair of cuffed shorts or cropped pants, or another fashion-friendly favorite this season, leather shorts.
• Wear your blazer over a full skirt or, if you’re really daring, wear it with a miniskirt – it’ll look like you’re power dressing.
• If you have shapely legs, wear it over dark leggings and then pair with ankle boots, flats or sneakers.
• Nothing says classic chick like a white blouse – find one with romantic ruffles so it doesn’t look corporate.
• Accessorise with a long, chunky necklace or with a thick strands of beads to make your look more sophisticated. You can also button up the blazer and wrap a colourful scarf around your neck to dress up the outfit. If the over sized look is too overwhelming for your frame or you simply don’t like it, add a belt to shape your waist
The buttoned up shirt
In the past it might have been considered too grungy or lacking any fashion taste to have your shirts buttoned up right to the top, not anymore because this trend is making waves right now. This year is a year for buttoned up shirts, gone are the days where us girls would wear are blouses unbuttoned as much as we dare, now it is all about wearing them the preppy, girl meets boy kinda way. A The buttoned-up shirt trend has managed to expand its influence both on the runway as well as in street chic. Ladies, the good thing about this trend that you can do it any way that makes you feel comfortable just as long as you keep highlighting beauty and femininity . These shirt styles can be worn at the office office chic or romantic dinner date but remember to enhance your appearance with a tint of finesse and class. There is nothing stopping you from experimenting with this trend therefore feel free to play around. To accesorise add a chunky choker necklace that is just around the collar or add a statement piece such as brooch or even a little ribbon!
These ladies really know how to rock suits and they look fabulous on them!
Palesa Matlebyane is a Lifestyle writer for JucyAfrica. She loves fashion, reading, writing and traveling. She is the shy type but can be loud. You can follow her on twitter @palesama