We have experienced one of the coldest week since the winter season started. I know most of you can’t wait for winter to be over. While we are still on that point today we will be looking at some of the hottest men’s spring/summer trends. Escape the winter bliss for a moment and feast your eyes on these cool items we have featured. Linen and cotton seem to be fabric of the season, sand-hued separates, all mixed up with unexpected bright colors. If the runways are any indication on what men will be wearing this spring, it is clear that the fashion forecasts classic fashions with an edgy twist of color, and classic prints.
Colours were strong last spring, remember color blocking? In Spring/summer of 2012 look out for colors such as oranges, greens and mustard because they will be making waves. Royal blue also appears to be the color next season although, blues of all shades will also be dominating. Experiment with navy, deep black and bright white to create a very classic look .
In regards to sportswear, one word sums it up – comfortable…. Next season expect to see soft tailoring, easy loose silhouettes, unlined jackets, and low- rise trousers, and shorts. This easy softer tailoring will be perfect to work at keeping you cool in the summer. Fabrics such as soft linen, washed cottons, and lighter weight denims, are being used to create these comfortable spring/summer men’s sportswear fashions.
Summer tartans plaids, stripes, and checks will provide an alternative to the louder prints . To sum it up, if you are a fellow that loves classic fashions, with wonderful tailoring, and you also have a love of wearing color – the fashions of this spring /summer will be right up your alley… Be ready to see subtle colors of neutrals, all mixed up with eye popping bright colors, along with monochrome palette, mixed with checks, stripes, and plaids. The classics are back, but with a bit of a twist…
Wearing checks not just lends a sophisticated look for men but it also is a great way to add versatility since checks can be mixed and matched in different ways and can be flaunted through different garment pieces thrown together. For all those who cannot get enough of this evergreen trend, here is a little guide to dress with panache using checks and plaids.
Checkmate: how to wear checks
• To make your wardrobe versatile, pick shirts in check patterns with different check sizes and colours.
• Checkered pants or trousers also look great but try to keep the look minimalistic with small checks and darker hues that don’t hurt the eye.
• A great way to add this pattern without going overboard is through accessorizing. Ties in check patterns can enhance an overall suave look for a formal evening, also if you plan to go casual for a day event, ditch those formal shoes for more appealing suede shoes in leather that look stylish and graceful at the same time.
• Whenever investing in check patterns for your wardrobe, ensure to pick only monochromatic shades, refrain from buying patterns in more than one shade as it makes the garment look too busy and kills the style appeal .
• Another important point to remember is, never mix check with check, for example, team up a check shirt with a plain trouser and vice versa, too much of a single pattern adds monotony to the look and makes it dull.
Palesa Matlebyane is a Lifestyle writer for Jucy Africa. She loves fashion, reading, writing and traveling. She is the shy type but can be loud! You can follow her on twitter @palesama